Cogmed is a breakthrough intervention that improves attention, behavior, and the capacity to learn by targeting working memory deficits.
Working Memory Training
Cogmed is the single most scientifically validated method that improves working memory and attention. Working memory is key to the brain’s processing capacity. It is vital for concentration, reasoning, learning and resisting distractions.
Cogmed is designed by cognitive neuroscientists and psychologists from the Karolinska Institute. Leading independent research teams worldwide have proven its efficacy in 100+ studies in peer-reviewed journals. The benefits are substantial and long-term regardless of age and condition.
Benefits of Working Memory Training
- There are clinically proven results demonstrating that after training people improve their ability to concentrate, control impulsive behavior and better utilize complex reasoning skills.
- Working memory is the ability to keep information in your mind for a short period of time, focus on a task and remember what to do next. With a working memory deficit, it is difficult to stay focused, ignore distractions, plan next steps, remember instructions, start and finish tasks.
- Studies show a deficit in working memory often leads to difficulties in school especially in reading, comprehension, and math.
- Research also shows that working memory abilities plateau in children with ADHD, causing a working memory gap between them and their peers. This gap increases over time.
- Most people with an attention problem also have a working memory deficit.
- Increasing working memory capacity improves attention, which helps improve academic and professional performance.
- Cogmed, backed by clinical evidence, is proven to train and improve a person’s working memory.
How it Works
Cogmed working memory training is done online and involves weekly coaching sessions from an attention specialist. The Cogmed user does training sessions of 25 minutes, 35 minutes or 50 minutes 3-5 times per week. Progress can be monitored online.
- Cogmed JM helps preschool aged children use their working memory for a number of things such as focusing on and following instructions, and remaining seated to complete independent activities.
- Cogmed RM is designed for school aged children. Working memory is crucial for children and adolescents in school and socially. Reading, solving math problems, planning and following a conversation all rely upon working memory.
- Cogmed QM is for adults. Working memory in adult and professional life is critical for challenges such as planning, focusing, resisting distractions, and meeting deadlines.